A little window to the ever changing life of my daughters and myself. Including, but not limited to, our struggles, my yearning of learning in broad subjects, the journey to finding myself, learning to become worthy of Him, becoming a better mother, and finding where it is I belong.

Pages

Thursday, March 01, 2012

wishing of a homestead

 
lately, for about 5 years now, i have been dreaming on a piece of land i can call my own.
(5 acre farm layout from Self-Sufficient Life book by john seymour)

i've been wanting to live on a farm and raise chickens, and a couple of cows, goats, horses, and maybe a pig or two.

i have been researching all the hows, wheres, and the whens (i still do not know on the 'wheres' all i know is i don't want snow :D)

before i do buy though. i came to the realization that i have not been on a real farm since, ohh, since i was about 5 years old when i was in mexico. because of the 'epiphany' i realized i first needed to get 'my feet wet' and rent a farm.

and so, here lies the dilemma.

i found a small farm. a 3 bedroom on about 2 acres of land. the problem is, i have 2 daughters, one is all for it while the other wants to go but does not because of her friends. it's so hard being a mommy, wanting to make your children happy is always hard. sometimes i feel like i'm being selfish by following my dreams. i know i should take the house, my brain AND my heart are telling me to (and lets face it, it is VERY rare when they both agree).

well, i think that there are a few more questions i have for the landlord of this farm and depending on what he has to say... I WILL BE MOVING SOON

HORRRAYY

No comments:

Post a Comment

i just love comments, they give me a 'fuzzy' feeling.
love,
jackie